The innovation known as dynamic line rating (DLR) has become increasingly relevant with higher shares of variable renewable energy (VRE) sources in the power system. By seeking to increase the ampacity of transmission lines, it provides economic and technical benefits to numerous stakeholders, including utilities, power system operators and VRE plant owners.
Many grid operators are now considering using DLR systems or are already deploying DLR as a practical means of increasing transmission capacity of grids as DLR offers system operators a rapidly deployable, low-cost method of increasing line ratings, which can be implemented without the need to build new physical infrastructure or put key lines out of service.
2nd Dynamic Line Rating for Power & Utilities 2023 conference is the continuation of the discussion on benefits and challenges of DLR deployment that started in 2022, with European energy sector companies from the generation, transmission and distribution segments committed to grid optimization and energy transition in their countries or regions and technology providers and monitoring equipment manufacturers.
- DLR using a network of weather stations along the power lines
- DLR journey from LIDAR scan until the new line capacity: experience from the field – Slovenia and Lithuania
- Common TSO/DSO actions in favor of RES deployment
- Integration of DLR in system planning
- Integration of DLR in SCADA/EMS
- Congestion and curtailment. Storage as a transmission asset
- Control centers
- Technical and reliability issues. Cybersecurity of sensing and monitoring technologies
Ask Your Boss
We wish that everyone who is interested in attending the 2nd Dynamic Line Rating for Power & Utilities 2023 conference will be able to do so. How to convince your boss to pay for the conference? To make things easier for you, we created some email templates that you can even copy and paste into your boss’s inbox.