Large-scale expansion of offshore power generation, particularly in wind, is introducing new challenges in power transmission in terms of reliability and efficiency. Grid complexity increases as interconnections within these power systems are expanding. Further considerations need to be made for long-term expansion planning, new 2GW standards, meshed grids and other innovative topologies. The use of HVDC transmission technology offers numerous benefits in long-distance transmission, bulk electricity delivery, transmission costs and the environment, and is therefore an important topic to be discussed in the era of energy transition, that we are facing.
2nd HVDC & Offshore Power Transmission 2022 welcomes decision-makers from power transmission departments of leading Power Generation and TSOs in an exclusive closed-group and business-friendly environment for peer-to-peer networking, ample knowledge-sharing and learning opportunities in the highly evolving energy sector. This event will examine latest developments, challenges, opportunities and technologies of HVDC to support the expansion of offshore power transmission.
- Planning & Design of Denmark’s Future Energy Islands: Large-Scale 100% Inverter-Based Offshore Power System
- Next Generation of Offshore HVDC Systems: Opportunities and Challenges of the 2 GW Standard
- Interconnecting the North Sea: Development of Expandable Offshore HVDC Hubs
- Frequency Support over HVDC Interconnectors
- Testing and Demonstrating the Benefits of Co-ordinated Offshore Solutions within Convertor Dominated Networks
- Studies for Large-Scale Converter Dominated Systems
- Ancillary Services from HVDC Connected Offshore Wind Power Plants