Nuclear Decommissioning and Waste Management: will gather leaders and decision-makers from the nuclear power industry, namely, nuclear power generator companies, nuclear power plant (NPP) owners and operators, contractors and the governmental representatives responsible for decommissioning, waste management and safety regulation, to discuss ongoing challenges, trends and build business relationships through productive networking and knowledge-sharing.
The companies involved in the decommissioning activities face several challenges such as inability to control decommissioning costs, timely delivery of the projects, radioactive waste treatment and safety regulation related matters. Moreover, the European nuclear industry is lacking decommissioning experience and valid decommissioning cost estimation strategies. We will bring these challenges to the discussion and show how benchmarking can help to improve existing cost estimation strategies, timely delivery of projects, cost control, cost-efficient waste management approaches and safety measures.
- EDF Energy’s Outlook on decommissioning and waste projects
- Strategies & Project Management for Decommissioning & Dismantling of Light Water Reactors
- Insitu Disposal of Small Reactors
- Waste Management
- Technologies & Innovations for Nuclear Decommissioning Projects
- NPP Decommissioning Cost Drivers
- Industry collaboration for CANDU decommissioning: OPG’s Centre for Canadian Nuclear Sustainability (CCNS)
- Safety in Nuclear Decommissioning