Small Modular Reactors (SMR) 2021 will gather decision-makers from the nuclear industry, namely, from power generation companies, power plant owners and operators, and senior experts responsible for SMR deployment planning and strategies within operations, power generation, regulations, R&D, technology & innovations and asset management divisions to discuss ongoing challenges, trends and build business relationships through productive networking and knowledge-sharing.
In terms of achieving zero-emission power generation in a safer and cost-effective way, SMR is often regarded as one of the most promising technologies among the other alternatives. Moreover, SMRs are considered as a potential replacement of fossil fuel plants, downtime effective control technology and a balancing moderator for the unstable nature of wind and solar energies. However, SMR commercialization and/or deployment process involves various challenges such as, SMR technology assessment, regulatory, licensing, supply chain, deployment planning & strategy-related aspects. Bringing these challenges to the discussion, we will demonstrate how peer-to-peer experience-sharing can help to boost the overall SMR commercialization process in the European energy market.
In this small-scale business-meeting, participants will learn about various real ways of SMR application and latest updates on SMR action plans and existing strategies.
- SMRs as a Firm Solution to Decarbonization After 2035
- Second Life for Decommissioned Plants or Minimizing Fossil Fuel Dependence
- Regulations: Policy Updates and Regulatory Predictability Issues
- Enhancing SMR Market Development in Europe: End-User Perspective
- Regulatory Harmonization to Facilitate SMR Development
- SMR – A Nuclear Game Changer
- NUWARD: Overview of the French SMR features & key technology novelties
- IAEA Activities in Support of Technology Development & Deployment of SMRs
- Worley Nuclear Services JSC: key leader in the nuclear landscape