Dimitar Shterev is a Member of Member of the International Gas Union, Working Committee – Gas Storage (IGU-WOC), the expert with 22 years experience with Bulgarian Natural Gas Transport & Storage Operator, including his participation in different gas projects, including international projects:
- 2009–2010, Project Co-ordination of Preliminary assessment of possible gas storage tariffs of Galata offshore gas storage;
- 2009-2011, SOUTH STREAM Gas Pipeline:Simulation of Bulgarian Section by the use of PipeSim software –SCHLUMBERGER product;
- 2012 -2015, Project Co-ordination of Guidelines for Determining the Technical Capacity for Storage of Natural Gas in Chiren UGS;
- 2017 –2019, Studies regarding Underground Gas Storage Capacities of Bulgaria and Balkan Region;
- 2020, Technical Assistance for Improvement of Performance-Based Tariff Regulation of EMRA for Turkish Energy Markets through Introducing the Enhanced Monitoring System.